Name:
Location: Wisconsin, United States

Sunday, August 27, 2006

My soul waits for the Lord


1 Out of the depths I cry to you, O Lord!
2 O Lord, hear my voice!Let your ears be attentive to the voice of my pleas for mercy!
3 If you, O Lord, should mark iniquities,O Lord, who could stand?

4 But with you there is forgiveness,that you may be feared.
5 I wait for the Lord, my soul waits,and in his word I hope;

6 my soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning,
more than watchmen for the morning.
7 O Israel, hope in the Lord!For with the Lord there is steadfast love,and with him is plentiful redemption.

8 And he will redeem Israel from all his iniquities.
--- Psalm 130 (ESV)

We are assured numerous times in scripture of the goodness of the Lord. So often I run to those promises from scripture. The assurance that God desires good for me, that he will hear my cry and grant me what is good.
Yet I have learned in the course of my life that what is good is not always what we desire... even what we earnestly desire. It is often challenge enough to hope in the goodness of God, and have faith that He will not leave you in your troubles, but to have the heart to recognize that your desires may not be the good that God has in store for you and yet to hope and trust... It requires that you have faith, not only that God will minister good unto you, but also that he will change you to desire the good that he has willed.
It is one thing to hope and trust that God will change the things in you that you don't like. It is another all together to trust that God will change the things that you love.

That requires a submission and a faith I have yet to master. God grant me faith.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jonathan M said...

Amen...let's pray that God would change our treasures and loves to match His.

8:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home